Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Mission Statement

(If you've never taken the time to prayerfully consider your life's purpose and write it down in the form of a mission statement, I would highly encourage you to do so. I know it might seem like a pointless exercise, but many of our life purposes are in God's Word, and in addition, He gifts us all uniquely so we can fulfill His purposes through us. This process has brought a lot of clarity to my days on this planet, and was a way of me to further commit my life to the Lord. What is written below has been my mission statement for several years, with minor adjustments from time to time.)

Dear Lord, help me to ~

~ enthusiastically seize this day and its opportunities, for tomorrow may be too late...

~ gratefully accept and celebrate this day (and all it brings) as a gift and adventure from Your hand, and to intentionally live it with discipline, courage, integrity, confidence, balance and determination...

~ live in the here and now with contentment, peace and joy, because the past is behind me, You are here, and the future is in Your hands...

~ treasure my family and friends with the realization that they bring so much joy to my life...

~ be salt and light to all who cross my path, by passing on to them the gift of grace You have lavished on me...

~ make my home a haven for all who pass this way...

~ keep my mind, body, and spirit strong, so I can better serve You...

~ faithfully use and humbly teach others the treasures, abilities, and gifts You have entrusted to me...

~ make a positive impact before this pilgrimage leads me home...

~ live simply, but profoundly...

~ practice Your presence continually...

~ guard my heart...

~ listen for, hear, and obey only Your voice.

~ And most importantly, to know You and make You known. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I would love to share that with the ladies on my cyber weight loss teams. One is Christian Bookworms and the other is Girls of God. I know that what you wrote would be such an encouragement to them, I know it was to me because a few of those are things I've been struggling with and needed to see. Thank you so much for sharing these with us!
Kim

Cathy Bryant said...

Feel free to share, Kim! I'm delighted that you found the post helpful and think others can use it as well. Have a blessed new year! =)